Box Integration

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
mfernand@fing.edu.uy
MOHID User

Box Integration

Postby mfernand@fing.edu.uy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 22:24

Hi,

I am modeling a domain with 12 thousands cells and I would like to compare the results (water levels mainly) of several simultions over the whole domain. As 12 thousands cells means far too many points of comparison I was thinking to integrate the results in different regions defined by boxes. This way I can easily reduce my problem as much as I like (say I define boxes of 4x4 cells, then I will reduce my points of comparison by a factor of 16).

The question is, how can I do this?

I tell you what I did:

Hydrodynamic.dat
BOX_TIME_SERIE : 1
BOXFLUXES : ..\\..\\GeneralData\\Boxes_BatimMFII_450.dat

Boxes_BatimMFII_450.dat
DT_OUTPUT_TIME : 3600
WRITE_BOXES : 1
OUTPUT_FILE : E:\\usuarios\\Mariana\\AtlanticoSur\\Analisis_Dominios\\BoxesGrid_BatimMFII_450.dat
<beginpolygon>
<<beginvertix>>
81 199
84 199
84 202
81 202
81 199
<<endvertix>>
<endpolygon>
....More polygons....

By doing this I obtained 2 files in the res/Run1 folder: water.BXM and water.BXF, but results in these files look like this:

Box_0: 0.475847329464E+017 (in water.BXM)
Flux_0_1: -0.294685478210E+002 (in water.BXF)

What do these numbers mean?

Thank you for your help.
Kind regards,
Mariana

CampuzanoFJ
MOHID User

Postby CampuzanoFJ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 19:41

Dear Mariana,

BXF = Box fluxes (m3/s)
BXM = Box Monitor (m3)

Then, the first one is informing about the flux of water from one box to the other (the area not included in any box is considered as box 0), while Box Monitor is telling you the amount of water contained on that box along time.

Anyway, I don’t know if this is the best way for your purposes if I didn’t understand it wrong. If you want to compare water levels, why not doing it with time series, they are easier to compare. Also in postprocessor you can represent the differences on any property of different runs by opening the two HDF5s and representing one in Color and the other in Color Diff.

Hope it helps, best regards,

Francisco

mfossati@fing.edu.uy
MOHID User

Postby mfossati@fing.edu.uy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 21:43

Thank you Francisco.

But It is imposible to define at time series of 12.000 points. Is there any option to extract results from a region (integration) with the time series file instead of extracting results from grid cells?

Regards,

Mariana

CampuzanoFJ
MOHID User

Postby CampuzanoFJ » Thu Dec 03, 2009 18:19

Dear Mariana,

I don´t know if I got your point. I think that 12000 points is too much information... Have you tried the second option I gave you, it sounds to me the easier \"Also in postprocessor you can represent the differences on any property of different runs by opening the two HDF5s and representing one in Color and the same property of the other run in Color Diff\". Also when you represent this you can export data as an ASCII file.

Hope this helps, if not let me know so we find a way :wink:. Best regards,

Francisco

Return to “MOHID Water”