Using FES2004 output

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
paulo.chambel@hidromod.com
MOHID Advanced user

Using FES2004 output

Postby paulo.chambel@hidromod.com » Mon May 31, 2010 09:58

Hello, i'm (André Paterlini ) a beginner user of the Mohid system. I'm now carrying on some test cases, so far so good...
i'm writing for the first time, it's not properly about mohid, but the fes2004 that it?s related to, hope that maybe you could help me, since the Aviso group never replies my questions?
?
When extracting the harmonics components, in some gauges I get unexpected amplitudes values (something like, for e.g. ?-5000.000; -2000.000,?!!). What? could it be??
In the most of all gauges, I compare with other tide records I have, and the results seems to do just fine (either amplitude and phase). But for some component phases, the ones with more than 180 degrees, the fes2004 results are negative. I made my guess that the phases goes from -180 to 180 degrees (??). By making this supposition, I may say that results agree with my records. Is it a problem for mohid? How does mohid should read the angles? 0 to 360 or doesn?t matter?
?
Hope I?ve made myself clear with the question, and I?d really appreciate with you could send me a answer
?
Regards ,
?
Andr?
The peace be with you

paulo.chambel@hidromod.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby paulo.chambel@hidromod.com » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01

Hello Andrés,

1 - when the fes2004 present for a specific location values of -5000.000; -2000.000 is because it consideres that point out of the FES2004 domain (land or very near from land);

2 - for the model is ojk to give an angle in negative (e.g. -90) or positive values (e.g. 270).

Best regards,
Paulo
The peace be with you

Return to “MOHID Water”