bathymetry evolution

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
az.paterlini@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

bathymetry evolution

Postby az.paterlini@gmail.com » Mon Sep 27, 2010 19:39

Hi everybody,

In the sand module I have the option to take in account the bathymetry evolution, (the BATHYM_EVOLUTION keyword) due to sand movement...

The question: is there any way to consider the finer sediments (cohesive) in the bathymetry evolution? Because in my study case I have a discharge of these sediments, that are deposited contributing to the final bathymetry, I believe so...

I just didn't realize how to do it in the files (the corrects keywords) neither how the model physics works...

Thanks

André

loterodiaz@hotmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby loterodiaz@hotmail.com » Tue Oct 05, 2010 14:09

I have the same question. I would like to know if the MOHID takes in account the cohesive sediments in the bathymetry evolution. I know that in the interfacesedimentwater output file we can get the accumulative deposition rate of fine sediments in kg/m2, but also it is important to us see how the bathymetry changes in time.
Thanks

Jesus

administrator@.
Site Admin

Postby administrator@. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:36

Hi,

PLease find more info here:

http://www.mohid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Module_Sand

Cheers,
Luis

ruedabayona@gmail.com
MOHID User

Re:

Postby ruedabayona@gmail.com » Sat Dec 10, 2011 19:13

Hi Jesus!

you must edit the input bathymetry file with adding the keywords evolution and property_name respectively, and this way you´ll obtain a sand.hdf5

BZ

loterodiaz@hotmail.com wrote:I have the same question. I would like to know if the MOHID takes in account the cohesive sediments in the bathymetry evolution. I know that in the interfacesedimentwater output file we can get the accumulative deposition rate of fine sediments in kg/m2, but also it is important to us see how the bathymetry changes in time.
Thanks

Jesus

Return to “MOHID Water”