Begineer

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
sareetalk@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Begineer

Postby sareetalk@gmail.com » Mon Dec 08, 2014 09:00

Hi, i am a begineer and my problem is i dont know how to input simple upstream discharge as a boundry condition and downstream water level in a simple river bathymetry. I already made bathymetry in the MOHID GIS. So please anyone can help me.. After this hydrodynamic simulation i will input morphological properties and will run another simulation..

Thank u in advance

felixrohloff@gmx.de
MOHID Beginner

Re: Begineer

Postby felixrohloff@gmx.de » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41

sareetalk@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby sareetalk@gmail.com » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17

Thank you very much, my concern is if i have to give upstream boundry condition discharge, then i have to define all the grid cell or i can give in only on cell.. if i have to define every cell then its too much work, similarly i want to give water level as a downstream boundry condition, and i didnt get any idea from the manuals how to do it. please anyone help me

felixrohloff@gmx.de
MOHID Beginner

Postby felixrohloff@gmx.de » Wed Dec 10, 2014 08:27

Hi,
I'm not using MOHID Land so maybe it goes there easily, you can read here more about initial conditions and much more at http://aquageo.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/HYDRODYNAMIC-MODULE-MOHID.-USER-GUIDE.pdf

I don´t know the size of the river an how much grid cell you choose, but as a starting condition you only need a waterlevel and Dischage, so i suggest it´s acceptable to make one Discharge file that contains the discharge value divided by the number of cell that crosses your river an give each cell a uniform discharge. About the Waterlevel, you can read in some at the link. But again there must be a way to use a Waterlevel-Discarge relationship i guess.

I hope it helped, since i´m also a beginner ;)

Felix

sareetalk@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby sareetalk@gmail.com » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08

Thank you very much, I was going through that manual for long time but it couldn't solve my problem..

sareetalk@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby sareetalk@gmail.com » Mon Dec 15, 2014 15:08

My domain is very small, the total length of river is 2280 m and width is 70 m. so i made very fine grid cell size of 1.07 m in i-direction and 1.52 m in j-direction ( later it will be easy to add the pier with that grid size). I provided constant discharge in upstream boundary to all the cell along the i-direction (total cell 66 number)Now during running the model, there is error regarding the Courant number being very high and when i decrease the time steps it shows error showing the message of time step error also the constant discharge i gave to each cell is not taking in account while running the model.
So anyone could you please suggest me what can i do to solve this problem.

Return to “MOHID Water”