ERROR READING YY -ERR25

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
robson.sarmento@terra.com.br
MOHID User

ERROR READING YY -ERR25

Postby robson.sarmento@terra.com.br » Fri Aug 11, 2006 18:14

Dear MOHID Creators and Forum Coleagues;

My cumpliments.

Please, I ask for your help for what it follows.

I am trying to model the hydrodynamics of a lake under the wind action only.

When I try to run the Model MOHID GUI I get the error message as

ERROR READING YY
CONSTRUCTGLOBALVARIABLES - HORIZONTAL GRID - ERR25.

I have looked at the batymetry file but I can not see anything wrong with it.

In the MOHID GIS I was able to show the lake plant and the grid in the computer screen. The only problem I found is that in the MOHID GIS I did not have succes to use the property \"Show Below Value\". when it is shown a grey rectangle in the computer screen only.

I hope someone will help me in solving this ERR25.

My gratitude.

Robson Sarmento

hernanitheias@netcabo.pt
MOHID Beginner

Postby hernanitheias@netcabo.pt » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:15

Definitely you have a problem with your gridata file. Send it to me, I'll take a look. Cheers.

robson.sarmento@terra.com.br
MOHID User

Thankings

Postby robson.sarmento@terra.com.br » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37

Dear Hernani,

My compliments

I have solved the problem just now. It was a question of the amount of numbers in the blocks \"begin XX\"-\"EndXX\" and \"Begin YY\"- \"EndYY\". Especifically, the number 0.0 to start de batymetry file do not have to be accounted for the total points in XX and YY axes in the grid.
My sincere thankings.
Best regards,
Robson Sarmento

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:36

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply. I would just like to add something to this post for users that will stop on problems related with this one.

Here is a definition of the keywords that define the grid (included in the bathymetry file).

# ILB_IUB - Two integer numbers defining the minimum and maximum I values along the Y-axis of the grid.
# JLB_JUB - Two integer numbers defining the minimum and maximum J values along the X-axis of the grid.
# COORD_TIP - A flag which indicates the used coordinates type.
# ORIGIN - Two real values, which indicate the origin of the lower left corner of the bathymetry.
# ZONE - Integer values defining the UTM Zone where the bathymetry is located.
# GRID_ANGLE - Counter-clock mesh rotation relative to the north. The base point is the origin of the bathymetry.
# LATITUDE - Average latitude value used to compute Coriolis frequency and solar radiation when metric coordinates cannot be converted to WGS84 geographic coordinates.
# LONGITUDE - Average longitude value used to compute Coriolis frequency and solar radiation when metric coordinates cannot be converted to WGS84 geographic coordinates.
# CONSTANT_SPACING_X - Boolean defining if the spacing in the X axis is constant
# CONSTANT_SPACING_Y - Boolean defining if the spacing in the Y axis is constant
# DX - Constant spacing distance in XX axis
# DY - Constant spacing distance in XX axis

grid spacing section

The grid spacing section contains information about the grid spacing in the XX and YY axis, if the spacing is not constant, namely through defining the grid cells corners coordinates.

Rectangular grids

The information is stored in blocks, one for each direction. The data is stored inside a block defined by the following keywords: <BeginXX> and <EndXX> for the XX axis and <BeginYY> and <EndYY> for the YY axis. Note that these block definition tags are case sensitive. Each value must be stored in a single line.

Note that if, for example, a grid has 100x100 grid cells, there should be 101 XX values and 101 YY values.

The values are read from left to right corner in the XX axis and from bottom to top in the YY axis. The first value is always zero in both directions, being the following values cumulative.

Curvilinear grids

When defining a curvilinear grid, the information is stored in only one block defined by the following keywords: <CornersXY> and <\\CornersXY> . This block contains two columns with the XX and YY coordinates of each grid cell corner. Each set of XX and YY values must be stored in a single line.

The values are read from left to right corner in the XX axis and from bottom to top in the YY axis. The first value is always zero in both directions, being the following values cumulative.

Best regards,
Luis

Return to “MOHID Water”