Running son after father model in Mohid Studio

Mohid Studio general discussion forum
Jader
MOHID Beginner

Running son after father model in Mohid Studio

Postby Jader » Thu Nov 02, 2017 22:46

Hi,
I want to run two nested models one after the other.
They run very well when I call them at the same time using the button "Shedule".
But when I try to run the father first and cal the son afterwards, it says that I can't.
I use o do it with the GUI older software, so I believe it is ok under MOHID Studio.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Jader

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Runing son after father model in Mohid Studio

Postby davidbrito » Fri Nov 03, 2017 13:30

Dear Jader,

MOHID Studio only allows to run nested domains in "Schedule" button as you say.
Are you intending to run the father and son separatedly, without any nest? just like they were independent domains?
It is not possible in nested domains. You can only run the father domain separatedly since the logic in the nested domains is first you build and test the father and then start adding childs and test each added nesting domain with their father and grondson and so on.

If you really want to run childs separatedly need to create their own domain without any father.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
David

Jader
MOHID Beginner

Re: Running son after father model in Mohid Studio

Postby Jader » Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:05

Hi David,
I want to run them in a nest, as a father and son. So I am using the "SUBMODEL:1" for the son and "SUBMODEL: 0" for the father.
The question is that I build two different sons. One is working well and the other is not. I need to solve something at the digital terrain.
So, I want to call only the second one to solve the problem. I will not loose my other results or wait a long time for them all to be finished toguether.
But MOHID Studio says that I can't call the son model alone. Even though the father has all results from a previous run.
I remember doing so when I used the older MOHID platform, the GIS and GUI.
It is not a big problem, but I think that maybe there is a tip about it.
Thanks, Jader
Last edited by Jader on Tue Nov 07, 2017 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Mon Nov 06, 2017 17:36

Yes some abilities were discontinued from old interfaces.
And you can't do that now. We can try to include that feature in future releases.

The only way to do that ow, as a workaround, is as I told you: Create a new blank project with only the domain you need to test. And copy all files you need to this domain folders.

And you will have a copy of the domain. And will not complain because there will be no nesting.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
David

Jader
MOHID Beginner

Postby Jader » Tue Nov 07, 2017 02:29

Hi David.
You helped a lot, because I was thinking that something was wrong with my MOHID Studio installation.
It would be nice to have this feature possible again. I think it saves some processing power and patience.
Thanks, Jader

Return to “MOHID Studio”