Labelling the points on the grid

Mohid Studio general discussion forum
whale_umel_147@yahoo.com
MOHID Beginner

Labelling the points on the grid

Postby whale_umel_147@yahoo.com » Mon May 11, 2015 14:56

Hi,

I have created some points of interest of an area under study by creating the xyz file then display them on the grid-map in MOHID. But I couldn't find the way to label the points, can anyone show me how?. Thank you.

ambrosio.pj@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Re: Labelling the points on the grid

Postby ambrosio.pj@gmail.com » Wed May 13, 2015 05:06

If you didn't label them yet go in the list of layers and right click on the points layer, select edit and the "Construct Named Points" window will appear. In section "2. Defined Points" you can name the points using the name column. Don't forget to save after you're done.
To make the labels appear got in the list of layers again and right click on the points layer you just edited. Now select create label layer. The labels will appear.

whale_umel_147@yahoo.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby whale_umel_147@yahoo.com » Wed May 13, 2015 09:56

Thank you Ambrosio for your response. I have tried to do that, but the "edit" option is not active and I also tried another option "create label layer" but then the warning appeared and said "It is not possible to create a label layer for this layer!"..what should I do?

Whollie

ambrosio.pj@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby ambrosio.pj@gmail.com » Wed May 13, 2015 22:35

Sorry. I didn't pay attention in the file extension you mentioned. I don't know if it's possible to display labels from .xyz file but for .xml it is.
In Mohid Studio 1.2.7 go to Tool and in geometry layers you will see two options to create points. "Points" button will create a .xml file that can be labeled and "XYZ Points" button will create a .xyz file that can't be labeled.
In Mohid Studio 2015 go to Toolbox > Geometry Layers > Construct Named Points.

whale_umel_147@yahoo.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby whale_umel_147@yahoo.com » Thu May 28, 2015 12:49

Thank you for your reply Ambrosio. I have created a file of points with XML extension and successfully labeled them.

Return to “MOHID Studio”