Create a tidal gauges

MOHID GIS general discussion forum
nouailletas.olivier@hotmail.fr
MOHID Beginner

Create a tidal gauges

Postby nouailletas.olivier@hotmail.fr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 21:22

Hello,
Thank you for the e-mail, but i will come back to school in september for my final years. So i will not able to come.
But i'm writting because i have a problem with my new model! In the first, i had only one stich in y, but now i want more, for precision. I have a problem with the gauge! I sand you the information and the problem, it s easier to understand for you i think!!
Thank for you answer!

Olivier NOUAILLETAS

Regarding the error, all the tidal gauges in your file are collinear and with the same information. You can define only one and the tide will be imposed equally in all boundary points. If you want to define more than 1 tidal gauge you need to keep in mind that the model linearly interpolates the water level from each gauge across the boundary using a triangulation algorithm, so you need to define your tide gauge positions like shown in the picture. That’s why the points can not be collinear, otherwise it’s impossible to triangulate. Could you post your questions (and my answers) in the MOHID Forum. This way everybody will benefit.

Best regards,

Luis

hi Luis,

Tank you for your answere! If i have understand , if i want the same information (ex : water level) in all cases at the beginning of my canal,i have to put one gauge. But where? in the middle? before or in my grid?

Best Regards,

olivier

Hi,

It is irrelevant where you put it. The model will assume it is all over the open boundary.

Have a nice weekend,

Luis

Hi,
Thank have a nice week end to!!

olivier

:D

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49

Thanks Olivier,

Luis