drainage network problem

MOHID GIS general discussion forum
adrien.bonneu@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

drainage network problem

Postby adrien.bonneu@gmail.com » Wed May 02, 2012 12:34

Hi,

I successfully made a project by using Mohid Studio and I want to do it again but with Mohid GIS and GUI. I don't have any error in the delineation basin process but the file of the drainge network (.dnt) performed by Mohid GIS doesn't look like a river network : there are straight lines with different colors (whereas the file of the drainage area seems to be good because the river can be observed)... Even if after having launched the basin delineator, I made the auto cross section, nothing happened to the drainage network file (the cross section of each node is still undefined).

Does anyone have an idea concerning this problem ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Adrien

PS: when I open the file "drainage network.dnt" sucessfully performed by Mohid Studio, I also obtain straight lines with different color in Mohid GIS (and not the river network as in the MohidStudio case)

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Re: drainage network problem

Postby davidbrito » Tue Jan 08, 2013 15:25

Hello Adrien,

Sorry for the delay answer,

What are the coordinates of the Draianage Network file (open the file with notepad and see if coordinates are good).

If you open the drainage network file in Studio can you see it right?

If it is only a problem in MOHID GIS do you use dot as decimal separator?

David

adrien.bonneu@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby adrien.bonneu@gmail.com » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14

Hello David,

Thanks for your answer.
The coordinates are the geographic ones. The space steps are around 0.001 degrees if I well remember. The drainage network file worked well in Mohid Studio but not in Mohid GIS. Maybe it is a problem of the small size of the time step in this coordinate type and Mohid GIS can't allow a correct visualization (I use dot as decimal separator).

All the best,
Adrien

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:17

In MOHID GIS,

because the Drainage Network is in geographic coordinates you have to adapt max reach size and minimum.
You have to reduce a lot the values because the defaults are for meters and now they are in degrees.

Best regards,
David

Return to “MOHID GIS (discontinued)”