Pictures resolution and formats

MOHID GIS general discussion forum
paulo.chambel@hidromod.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby paulo.chambel@hidromod.com » Fri Mar 24, 2006 00:51

Dear all,
when I try to same a image with mohidgis I see a box with the dpi resolution use (96) but I can not change this value. This a future option ?

It would be a good idea to add the tiff format to the option of mohidgis. The formats available are optimized for the secreen but are not accept generaly in the scientific publications.

Best regards,
Paulo
The peace be with you

frank.maretec@ist.utl.pt
MOHID Guru

Postby frank.maretec@ist.utl.pt » Fri Mar 24, 2006 16:10

Paulo,

I addded the Tiff format and also the option for the user to choose the resolution, but there is no big change. Since MOHID GIS reads the pixel from the OpenGL rendering context no big improvments can be expected... I need to take a more closer look inside they way images are rendered / saved in order to produce high quality (paper ready) images with MOHID GIS.

Hope this helps,
Frank.

MOHID Advanced user

Postby paulo.chambel@hidromod.com » Sat Mar 25, 2006 14:15

The methodologhy that I'm using to overcome the minimum limit of 300 dpi imposed by the paper editores is in the % option for picture size I'm imposing 350%. In a second step I recize in the Paint Shop Pro the figure from 96 dpi to 300 dpi.
The figure quality is not increase but at least I fullfill the editores demands.
For me the figure quality with 96 dpi is very good but this 300 dpi limit something like a mystic limite.
If some one could me explain this fixation for the 300 dpi I would appretiate.
Paulo
The peace be with you

MOHID Advanced user

Postby paulo.chambel@hidromod.com » Wed Apr 19, 2006 13:59

Dear all,
the new version of MOHIDGIS resolve my problem of controlling the picture definition. Thank you very much.
Paulo
The peace be with you

Return to “MOHID GIS (discontinued)”