Legends and scale

MOHID GIS general discussion forum
frank.maretec@ist.utl.pt
MOHID Guru

Postby frank.maretec@ist.utl.pt » Tue Apr 27, 2004 16:44

Dear Francisco,

it's on our TO DO list, but for now it's not possible.

Frank.

paulo.chambel.maretec@taguspark.pt
Site Admin

Postby paulo.chambel.maretec@taguspark.pt » Tue Sep 07, 2004 09:09

Dear all,
I would like to now how can I put text legends in MohidGis? Fo example, I would like to associate to the horizontal scale the number of kilometers.
Paulo

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Tue Sep 07, 2004 09:53

Hi Paulo,

You can display an horizontal scale by going to the MohidGIS menu OpenGL...Horizontal Scale. The text legend of the horizontal scale is defined automatically. Note that you must resize the default text size in order for it to be displayed correctly. The text size, from what I remember, is consistent with your view coordinates units. You can specify the legend text to appear as meters or kilometers, which is just to give a better look to your legend. Hope this helps you solve your problems. All the best,
Luis

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:11

Hi again Paulo,

I may have misunderstood your question in the first place, so here is a second answer. No, there is no direct way to add a legend to a specific point of the view. What you can do (and this is a trick :D ) is to construct a XYZ file in which you can define a 4th column with some text. As you probebly know, XYZ files support this feature, being that all text found beyond the 3rd column is considered to be the legend for each point. If you then define the xyz point size really small, and activate the \"Show names\" check box, you'll get the result you want.
Best regards,
Luis

Return to “MOHID GIS (discontinued)”