Export Shapefile to Grid data

MOHID GIS general discussion forum
ana.rosa.maretec@ist.utl.pt
MOHID Developer

Export Shapefile to Grid data

Postby ana.rosa.maretec@ist.utl.pt » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:21

Hello,

I am trying to convert polygons shapefiles of land use to grid data, but MOHID GIS keeps giving an unhandled exception error of Side location conflict.
First I tried to make smaller and smaller grids until I find the cell that was giving problems and I think this happens when one cell has equal percentage of 2 classes and MOHID gis doesn't know which one to choose.

Is there a way around this? For example, If (doesnt't know which to choose) then (choose the first).

Thank you.
Rosa

administrator@.
Site Admin

Postby administrator@. » Fri Feb 08, 2008 16:32

Hi Rosa,

The only of solving this is by debugging the code that handles the conversion from the shapefile to MOHID formats, and probably change it.
I would have to look into it, but I guess you can also do it yourself
:wink: since you have access to MOHID GIS code, or you can here to my desk and show me the problem and how to solve it.

Best regards,
Luis

ana.rosa.maretec@ist.utl.pt
MOHID Developer

Postby ana.rosa.maretec@ist.utl.pt » Thu Feb 14, 2008 15:43

Hello!

Thank you for your help.
Just for the sake of having questions answered in the forum, I looked into the code and found my problem. It is not an error in the code. It is a programmed exception that occurs, but I didn't understand why (I'm not that familiar with MOHID GIS code). I didn't change this because there must be a reason for that if.
Nevertheless, I exported my shapefile to ascii in ArcGis and then to XYZ with a bit of perl scripting.

Thanks again, Luís.
Rosa

Return to “MOHID GIS (discontinued)”