New bathymetry file is automatically created

MOHID Land forum. Questions and discussion related to MOHID Land
epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Re: New bathymetry file is automatically created

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Mon Jan 16, 2012 16:56

Hello david! Thank you for replying!!
Yes, i know which is the problem, but not where it may come from.. I re-did all steps and I used for the simulation the files created, starting from the DTM without depressions, I created new files for delineation and drainage network (which seem ok to me) and then, in the porous media tool, I selected parameters to create files such as the bottom one, which I used in the bottom file of the porous media module.
If I give the same DTM and the only change i make in this is to change the delineation how is it possible to pass from a thickness of around 15m (in previous simulations) to 1200m?
Can I check in any file the parameters used (max slope, max depth...) to create soil depth, bottom...files?
Thank you in advance and regards,
ane

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Mon Jan 16, 2012 17:07

I would suggest that the step that gould gone wrong was the slope calculation. and then soil bottom is computed.

You can check soil slope and soil depth grids between the two simulations, they should be the same except that the other has less cells.

Best regards,
David

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Tue Jan 17, 2012 14:12

I compared these two grid data files, and althought the slope one is equal (with less cells) the soils depth file shows in one file depths of around 10 and in the other of around 20m. So why can it be saying that I have thicknesses of 1200m?? The bottom and water level files created are different as well.

After creating these files, is there any way to see the parameters (max depth, max slope, water depth...) I used for their construction?

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Tue Feb 28, 2012 18:53

If it says maximum domain thickness 18000 it is because at least in one cell it occured. Check the maximum or minimum values.

There is no way to see those values after creating the grids.

David

Return to “MOHID Land”