Checking results

MOHID Land forum. Questions and discussion related to MOHID Land
epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Checking results

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Wed Sep 07, 2011 09:32

Hello all,

After the input of different grid data, such as soil grid (with 2 soils with different parameters each), slope grid... I´ve run the simulation and I wanted to check the infiltration throughout the catchment.
I know I still have to enter more specific data, but isn´t enough to input different soil parameters and slopes to create different infiltration rates? I get a HDF file which changes in time but remains constant in space, and I expected it to be different because of the soil differences...

thanks in advance,
ane

Jauch
Site Admin

Re: Checking results

Postby Jauch » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07

Hi ane, :)

The existence of two different soils (with different hydraulic properties) will not automaticaly cause infiltration rates to vary in space.
To this happen, the rain velocity (m/s) must be higher than the soil saturated conductivity and the period of this rain must be large enough so that the water content on the first (top) layer achieve the saturation.
In the meantime, the infiltration velocity will be same as rain velocity.
I assume that the rain is the same for the entire area on your simulation. Probably you do not have rain with duration or intensity enough to see variable infiltration rates in space.

To test this and see a change, you can add a rain event to your timeseries with a velocity higher than the saturated conductivity of one of the soils but lower than the other, with a period of one or two hours.

Just to know, where are you looking for the infiltration rates?

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Checking results

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:38

Hi!
ok, I checked that it has same value (infiltration rate and precipitation) in the grid cell I had created (i_j_k.srm time series file), but I was opening a HDF file to watch it in the map window. I thought that with this info I could see something change in the horizontal, but I see that I can´t..
thanks again

Return to “MOHID Land”