Discharges

MOHID Land forum. Questions and discussion related to MOHID Land
epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Discharges

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Mon Dec 19, 2011 19:10

I´ve just realised which was the problem when I selected the file to copy it to here, I didnt have the <endblock>, Sorry for this.
And, can you tell me please the meaning of out volume channel and overland and what are they used for?

On the other hand, I´m trying to do simulations without taking into account the part of the catchment right from the Alegria channel. This way, I want to see if this part has or hasnt got much influence in the river flow. (Because, and I dont know if it is possible to do this with mohid, I dont think it has much sense to take away all the runoff in this area, cause this way I would be deactivating the infiltration as well). So, is it possible to say to mohid that all precipitation that falls in an area must be taken out?

If not, and to see the variation in river flow I´ve done what I write in the other post, about non computing the area i dont want to consider..

Thanks a lot,
ane

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:22

Hi Ane,

1) if model was counting discharges but the number gave zero was because the discharge file was incomplete.

2) talking about water balance file? drainage network out is flow out from outlet and evaporation (losses from the sistem). runoff out are water removed from the system (e.g. boundary exit by default this is not active)

3) it is better to give to the model the adequate forcing: a HDF where in same places it rains and in other do not. But your approach of removing areas also works.

Hope it helped

David

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Wed Dec 21, 2011 09:35

Hello david!
I managed to simulate the discharge in the yellow marker I draw in the sketch I posted, and when I check the water flow is lower than the one without taking into account the discharge, so it seems fine.
Although discharge flow is a file I input, I undestood that out volume channel file in basin water balance fluxes would give a time serie with the volume taken out.
But, I open it in a graph, and it is empty. Do you know what can be owing to?
Thanks

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Tue Feb 28, 2012 19:30

Hello Ane,

to see anything of mass balance you need to put in basin data file
VERIFY_MASS : 1

open the file with notedpad to see if there is anything there. if nothing is there between <beginTimeSerie> and <endTimeSerie> then it is probably because it needs that keyword.

David

Return to “MOHID Land”