Vegetation

MOHID Land forum. Questions and discussion related to MOHID Land
epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Vegetation

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:54

Hello!

I would like to simulate just the evaporation proccess of a cathment, and to do so, I´ve created a vegetation grid with a constant value for all the cells, and I´ve set 0.0 for all the properties (in order to disconect transpiration).

I´ve written vegetation module and also the databases needed, but when I press the run buttom, I got an error saying:
Vegetation ID read in Vegetation Grid
not found in parameter file.
Check that ID 2
was defined in parameter file
..\General Data\Others\Vegetation\VegetationParameters.dat
ConstructVegetationParameters - ModuleVegetation - ERR200

And, what I have in the vegetation parameters file is:

<beginagriculturalpractice>
AGRIC_PRACT_ID : 1
VEGETATION_ID : 2
NAME : Agricultural land row crops
<endagriculturalpractice>

Í havent written anything else because I saw in the wiki that the rest of options are used in case of using growth model. So, what else do I have to specify that is causing this error?

Thanks in advance!

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Vegetation

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Fri Dec 16, 2011 09:30

Can anyone tell me please where can I obtain information about specific leaf storage? I guess this property stands for the quantity of water retained on the leafs of the crops. I´ve seen in the wiki that usually is used a constant value for it, and in vegetation data files I saw that it is written a 0,0001.
So, althought for the begining I can use a constant value, does anyone know if there is information about this property? And, to be precise, wouldnt we need to process a hdf? Cause I guess this parameter changes depending on the crop, the growing stage...
Is it worth it to do this, or is a parameter you never change? As in the wiki says that normally has a constant value..
Thanks in advance!

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Mon Dec 19, 2011 18:52

Hello Ane,

so as one post in other thread you shoul not need vegetation to have only evaporation.

Nevertheless
The problem in your simulation is that the AGRIC_PRACT_ID and VEGETATION_ID should be the same because you are not running with vegetation growth model. This will be changed because it should not need the parameters file in this simple case... To do list!

I never change that value it is the maximum volume per area that a leaf can take. it will not have a big impact on watershed simulations.

Hope it helped

David

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Tue Dec 20, 2011 08:24

Hello david,
Thank you very much for all these posts.
so, always if I dont use the growth model I have to give same values to agricultural practice and vegetation type? I think this wouldnt be related, as the later is taken from the swat database.. and what happens then if I have just one agricultural practice and same crop in all catchment? If I have potatos that have ID=70? should I change it to ID=1?

Best regards,
ane

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Tue Dec 20, 2011 09:53

Hello Ane,

Parameters file has to have all the agricultural practice ID's that you put in the input grid! If they exist in the grid they have to be explained in the parameters file. so if you have tomatos ID=70 and only tomatoes, there will be only one block in parameters file with AGRIC_PRACT_ID and VEGETATION_ID equal to 70. if you have more crops you have to add more blocks but all with AGRIC_PRACT_ID and VEGETATION_ID the same.

This parameters file is only helpful in the case of vegetation growth because then for each agricultural practice you can define which plant will grow, when is seeding when is harvest, when and how much fertilize when and how much pesticide... for instance two agricultural practices (e.g. two different farmers) may plant the same plant and then AGRIC_PRACT_ID will be different and VEGETATION_ID will be the same. But remember that agricultural practice ID is the one that you give in the grid or constant value in vegetation input file. Vegetation Id is the crop that will grow there.
In the simple case of no vegetation growth model this parameters file is only acessory and in the future will not be needed for this particular case. it is in to do list to change this because it is not needed for the particular case of no growth model.

David

Return to “MOHID Land”