Constant irrigation value

MOHID Land forum. Questions and discussion related to MOHID Land
epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Constant irrigation value

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Mon Sep 09, 2013 13:33

Hello all!

I´m trying now to create an hdf file to input irrigation data, but first, I´m trying to set a constant value. As hard as I try,I only manage to stablish first time value, not a constant one and I thought I was doing it right but seems I´m not..
the block is:

<beginproperty>
NAME : irrigation
UNITS : mm/day
DESCRIPTION : irrigation
FILE_IN_TIME : NONE
INITIALIZATION_METHOD : CONSTANT
DEFAULTVALUE : 5.0
REMAIN_CONSTANT : 1
<endproperty>

Shouldnt it work? I´ve tried with timeserie and the problem was the same, it only reads first data. I have REMAIN_CONSTANT on, so I dont understand..

Thank you again!

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Constant irrigation value

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36

Hello again!

Although I couldnt manage to solve the problem I mention above, I move forward by creating the hdf file for irrigation. Now, I have the value expected in the cells with the agricultural practice ID and it follows the crop rotation, so everything OK.

The thing is that in some cells, and in all time steps, I have strange valuee: 1.4E-45 and -0.0. I dont think it is related to interpolation cause value is maintined over the entire period, but I´d like to know where it might come from.

Anyway, as they are mm values I dont think they´ll change anything, but it is to prevent errors coming from here..

Thanks for any suggestion! :)

Jauch
Site Admin

Postby Jauch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 09:35

Hello Ane,

I'll check the question with the irrigation using constant values and timeseries. As soon as I found what is happening, I'll let you know.

Regarding the HDF with weird values, I would like some more information.
1. How did you create the irrigation HDF. Could you describe the process and show the configuration files and timeseries? (I'm assuming that you used Fillmatrix).
2. Can you show the atmosphere_x.dat where you are using this HDF?
3. The weird values are in the input irrigation HDF or in the output result atmosphere HDF?
4. The values are inside or outside the "basin"?

Best regards,

Eduardo.

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:40

Hello Eduardo, thanks for the answer!

The weird values appeared after using Fillmatrix, in input irrigation HDF, although I still haven’t input it to mohid, as I didn’t managed to set a constant irrigation I thought that this neither would work..
The irrigation block in the atmosphere file is the following (maybe I´m missing something here, cause I only managed to have 5mm of irrigation in initial step, then, goes to 0 and the only water input is precipitation rate..)

<beginproperty>
NAME : irrigation
UNITS : mm/day
DESCRIPTION : irrigation
!FILE_IN_TIME : TIMESERIE
FILE_IN_TIME : NONE
INITIALIZATION_METHOD : CONSTANT
DEFAULTVALUE : 5.0
!FILENAME : ..\General Data\Boundary Conditions\irrigation.srm
!DATA_COLUMN : 2
REMAIN_CONSTANT : 1
!TIME_SERIE : 1
!OUTPUT_HDF : 0
!ACCUMULATE_VALUES : 1
!MIN_FOR_DT_DECREASE : 2.0
<endproperty>
Weird values are at:

The creation steps were:
1. Check the crop rotations and see when do I have a irrigated crop and write the timeseries, that are sth like this:
days mm
<BeginTimeSerie>
0 0
305 0
530.999 0
531 20
531.999 0
540.999 0
541 20
541.999 0
546.999 0
547 20
547.999 0
553.999 0
554 20

2. Then, execute fillmatrix with following conf.:

PROPERTY_NAME : Irrigation
PROPERTY_UNITS : ID
OUTPUT_FILE : Irrigation.hdf5
VARIABLE_IN_TIME : 1
START : 2008 1 1 0 0 0
END : 2012 6 1 0 0 0
MAX_TIME_SPAN : 300000000000000000000
OUTPUT_TIME : 0 86400
GRID_DATA_FILE : comDTM_ND.dat

INTERPOLATION_METHOD : 0
FILL_ID_FILE : veg2008_simple_cambiosROTACIONES99.dat

<begin_station>
NAME : 1.1
VALUE_TYPE : TIMESERIE
ID : 1
FILENAME : rot1.1.prn
DATA_COLUMN : 2
<end_station>

<begin_station>
NAME : 1.2
VALUE_TYPE : TIMESERIE
ID : 2
FILENAME : rot1.2.prn
DATA_COLUMN : 2
<end_station>

Tell me please if it is enough with this :)
Attachments
cap.png
cap.png (27.83 KiB) Viewed 4020 times

Jauch
Site Admin

Postby Jauch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54

Ok :)

Let's start.

Regarding the weird values in the irrigation HDF build with FillMatrix, I would like you to check the following:

1. Verify if the "weird points" happens only with one of the stations or with both. Also, verify if the fill grid data file you are using has more ID's than you are setting in the FillMatrix configuration file. In the config you are using only two ID's: 1 & 2. If there is a third (or more) ID's in the fill grid data file, this (weird values) maybe could happen. You will be able to check all of this with Mohid Studio, loading both the HDF with the weird values and the fill grid data and comparing them.

2. If there aren't any different values in the fill grid data, check if the timeseries you create has data for the entire period of the HDF. To do this, look to the start and end dates of the HDF and the start (and end dates) of the timeseries.

These two options are the most probable to causing this behaviour.
If it is everything ok, please, send me the fillmatrix.exe, the config data, the timeseries and the fill grid data file and the DTM, so to I be able to reproduce the problem to understand it. If possible, send to me also the HDF you produced.

You can sent to me via WeTransfer or some similar service.

Best regards,

Eduardo.

epelde.ane@gmail.com
MOHID Advanced user

Postby epelde.ane@gmail.com » Thu Sep 19, 2013 13:07

ok!
solved :oops: I had an ID (I have more time series than the ones I sent you) with 99 before the number..
Now, I get some -0.0 values in the hdf, but in mohid doesnt appear anything weird when I load the file, so solved.
No, I have to find out how to make mohid reads the rain..
thanks!!

Return to “MOHID Land”