Problems with the buttons of the Post-Processor

Discussion around MOHID GUI (managing projects, simulations, etc)
paulo.chambel.maretec@taguspark.pt
Site Admin

Problems with the buttons of the Post-Processor

Postby paulo.chambel.maretec@taguspark.pt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 13:18

Dear Mohiders,
I have problems with the buttons of the Post-Processor. Basically the buttons appear in the wrong place and when I try active them nothing happens.
How can I solve this problem?

Paulo

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:55

Hi,

This problem is known to exist in with some graphic cards. I am currently trying to solve that problem in a laptop with an Intel graphics card. I have tried to change the resolution of the screen, but I have not been able to solve it, although it has worked in the past by some people. If you have access to the PostProcessor source code, I would try to compile it in your PC, to see how the resources file (file containing the dialog boxes of the Postprocessor) is shown in the Fortran Environment.
I did not help very much, but I am trying to solve that problem to.
Best regards,
Luis

vmarin@antar.ciencias.uchile.cl
MOHID User

postprocessor problem

Postby vmarin@antar.ciencias.uchile.cl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 07:40

Hi, I recently bougth a \"monster laptop\"; a portable workstation Dell M6400. I requested windows XP to make sure that MOHID runs fine. However, although the graphics card is NVIDIA, which we have on other computers, the buttons of the postprocessor appear in the wrong place and they do not work. I have tried many different alternatives and none have worked so far: changing screen resolution, using different versions of the postprocessor. I know that some of you were looking to solve this problem. Any news so far?

Victor Marin

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Mon Sep 21, 2009 17:35

Hi Victor,

I believe this problem has been solved.
Anyone with the same problem send me an e-mail and I'll send a version of PostProcessor that works.

Best regards,
Luis

melissacastera@gmail.com
MOHID User

Re: Problems with the buttons of the Post-Processor

Postby melissacastera@gmail.com » Thu Jan 17, 2013 18:14

Dear Mohiders,
I am having problems with the buttons of the Post-Processor. Basically the buttons appear out of place when I click them nothing happens.
I attached an image which shows the problem.
problem_post-processor.rar
(217.1 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

The computer on which I am working has windows 7 in it. I uninstalled the .NET framework 4 (suitable for windows 7), and installed .NET framework 1.1, but the problem persists. And tried in two different laptops with the same Operative system but different graphic cards.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Postby davidbrito » Fri Jan 18, 2013 20:06

Hello Melissa,

There was no need to uninstall .NET framework 4.0. Different programs use different versions of .NET and MOHID GUI uses .NET 1.1 but there is no problem that other versions are installed.
If some programs get to fail, install again .NET 4.0. For example MOHID Studio, the new interface of MOHID, uses .NET 4.0.

As you have what it needs to work it right, it seems to be a graphical problem and as Luis said in a previous message a new version of MOHID GUI could fix it.
Sen and e-mail to Luis and ask for that new version and let us now if it worked.

Best regards,
David

singh.neeraj92@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby singh.neeraj92@gmail.com » Thu Jul 17, 2014 06:03

Hello everyone. I know the solution to this problem. You need to set the text size to "Small", as MOHID Postprocessor does not work properly for "Medium" text size. If you are using Windows 7, then follow the steps:

Just Right click on your Desktop---->Screen Resolution---->Make text and other items larger or smaller---->Choose Smaller (100%).

It worked for me.

Regards

Neeraj SIngh
IIT Bombay

Return to “MOHID GUI (discontinued)”