Covert HDF5 to ASCII file.

Discussion about MOHID support tools
seaswell@telefonica.net
MOHID Beginner

Covert HDF5 to ASCII file.

Postby seaswell@telefonica.net » Fri Apr 09, 2010 08:17

Hi, Mohiders.

I'm using Mohid for obtaining currents due to wind, river flow and tide in Río de la Plata, and I'd like to obtain the current values (module and direction) in an ASCII file, to operate afterwards with an Ocean Model (wave including currents). I need these results in all my grid, not in a point, so extracting a Time Serie is not usefull for me.

My problem is that, these results are in a HDF5 format, and I don't know how to convert it in an ASCII file format.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

luis_at_mohid.com
MOHID Developer
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon

Postby luis_at_mohid.com » Tue Apr 13, 2010 08:06

Hi,

You can use the Post-Processor for example: Load all the information you want and then go to Action -> Export GIS or Export as GridData. This will generate ASCII files.

You may also go the HDF5 website and download the H5DUMP tool which converts the hdf5 file into ASCII, or alternatively read the file in Matlab and write it in ASCII. I can also send you some MATLAB or FORTRAN routines to help you read the file and then you just program the writing part.

Hope this helps,
Luis

seaswell@telefonica.net
MOHID Beginner

Postby seaswell@telefonica.net » Sat May 01, 2010 16:31

Hi, Luis. I've already used the Post-Processor tool but I lost too much time with each HDF5 file.

So, I was deeply grateful if you send me any FORTRAN routines.

Thank you.

Marius

Return to “MOHID Tools”