Filterbathymetry

Discussion about MOHID support tools
truchiga@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Filterbathymetry

Postby truchiga@gmail.com » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:05

Hello MOHIDers,

I'm trying to use the filterbathymetry tool, but I'm having some doubts about the Filter.dat file.
At the wiki page (http://www.mohid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Filter.dat) there are some information, but not very clear for me... :?

Well, in the example file that comes along with the tool has the keywords "FILTER_RADIUS" and "FACTOR" I was wondering what is that about ?
And my current bathymetry varies from 2 to 100 meters, as I'm considering an estuary and the adjacent inner shelf. So what should I put on the H_MIN and H_MAX keywords ?

I'm doing this filter in the bathymetry because I'm having problems with the salinity's transport !

Thanks in advance,
Tainá.

davidbrito
MOHID Advanced user

Re: Filterbathymetry

Postby davidbrito » Thu Oct 31, 2013 18:29

Hello Tainá,

In this wiki you can see more info:
http://www.mohid.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... Bathymetry

I went looking to the code and
FILTER_RADIUS is the number of influence cells to filter bathymetry, or better if you use 1 than it will use the 8 direct neighbours to filter, if you use 2 than will use 24 neighbours (adds a second line neighbours after the direct and so on)

FACTOR is a value betwen 0 and 1 and is the weight given to the original cell bathymetry value. If using 0.5 it means that will use 0.5 * original cell bathymetry and (1-0.5) * all other cells average value.

The H_MIN and H_MAX is about you to choose. do you want to filter all the cells? so give a value of H_MIN lower than your minimum and H_MAX higher than your maximum. If you want only to filter at some depths that is why this keyword was created.

Hope it helped.

Best regards,
David

truchiga@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Re: Filterbathymetry

Postby truchiga@gmail.com » Wed Nov 06, 2013 16:21

HI David !!

Thank you for your reply it was very helpful ! :)

Tainá

Return to “MOHID Tools”