Lagrangian in Nested Grid

MOHID Water forum. Questions and discussion around MOHID Water
kvin_ct@hotmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Lagrangian in Nested Grid

Postby kvin_ct@hotmail.com » Sun Sep 27, 2015 19:10

I´m working in the next proyect. I try to model the trajectory of a drifting boat that start on the mouth of a river, but I want to incorporate all the Tide on One Gulf, so

1.- I made a big Simulation (TideGulf) for all The Tide on One Gulf with Tide module.
2.- I made a second Simulation (TideGulf2) just to reduce the scale of the first Grid (TideGulf) with a Nested Grid.
3.- I made a third Simulation (TideGulf3) with the correct scale to see the trajectory of a drifting boat with a Nested Grid, Discharges module and Lagrangian module.

With the first two steps I don´t have any problem, but when I try to make the third step, I just can run all the model with the River discharges in step 3 and when I try to add the Lagrangian module it´s appear the next message

"ConstructLagrangianGlobal - ModuleLagrangianGlobal - ERR99".

I thought it was an error in my simulation but if I try to run just (TideGulf3) alone, with his own Tide on the grid, in "RiverDischarge", Lagrange (Simulation) it works, so I´m a little confuse.

I have some questions
(+) Do I need to write an extra command in step 3 to make Lagrange Module works in a Nested Grid?
(+) Can I change the density of Particles in Lagrangian Module?, so I can use the model, for drifting boats, people, trees (garbage), etc.

Muchas Gracias, saludos desde México
Kevin Contreras

erodriguezrubio@yahoo.com.ar
MOHID Beginner

Re: Lagrangian in Nested Grid

Postby erodriguezrubio@yahoo.com.ar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 01:55

hello kevin

I want to know if you have any solution about this ERROR in this time

Regards

Efrain Rodríguez Rubio (Ph.D)

douglas.fraga@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby douglas.fraga@gmail.com » Tue Jun 19, 2018 01:26

Dear Mohiders,

I'm facing the same problem reported by our colleague. I'm trying to run a simulation with a nested grid, but I'm receiving the same "ConstructLagrangianGlobal - ModuleLagrangianGlobal - ERR99" error message.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

erodriguezrubio@yahoo.com.ar wrote:hello kevin

I want to know if you have any solution about this ERROR in this time

Regards

Efrain Rodríguez Rubio (Ph.D)

joaosobrinho
MOHID Beginner

Postby joaosobrinho » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:34

Hi Douglas,

The Lagrangian global only reads the lagrangian.dat from the Father domain. Then the lagrangian model will select automaticaly the best grid resolution available to compute the tracers. The highest grid resolution will have priority.

Can you confirm that you only have the lagrangian setup in the father domain?

Cheers,
João

douglas.fraga@gmail.com
MOHID Beginner

Postby douglas.fraga@gmail.com » Mon Jul 09, 2018 13:51

Hello João,

I was actually trying to set up the lagrangian.dat module in the same son domain in the wrong way. After your instructions, I made some tests configuring the lagrangian.dat module at the parent level, but I still have no success in running a simulation.

I created two files using the Create Boxes tool, one from the parent grid (Boxes_L01.dat) and one using the child grid (Boxes_L02.dat).

When I set up only the parent simulation with the Boxes_L01.dat file, it ran perfectly. However, by testing both boxes.dat files in the lagrangian.dat module configuration for the nested simulation, I was not successful.

See the configuration files attached.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Douglas
Attachments
MOHID_files.zip
(19.31 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Return to “MOHID Water”